Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
Nose re-shaping (Rhinoplasty) A Rhinoplasty, also known as Nose Job or nose cosmetic surgery is one of the most popular and commonest cosmetic surgeries in India. The goal of Rhinoplasty is to create a naturally appealing & pleasing look to the nose in proportionate to the face. Bembde Hospital is pioneer in cosmetic Rhinoplasty surgery in this region of central Maharashtra & Aurangabad since 1999. Dr. Bembde is specially trained under renowned Rhinoplasty surgeons of India such as Dr. Davar, Dr. Uday Bhat& Dr. Mukund. Also he has attended many live workshops including world famous Dr. Gubich’s workshop for updating recent techniques in nose reshaping surgery.
Rhinoplasty is a good option for those having reasonable expectations. Nose can have abnormal shape or deformity since childhood or can happen due to injury or infections. It is a surgical procedure which is usually performed in order to aesthetically reshape the nose to patient’s desire after the age of sixteen to eighteen years. Rhinoplasty can modify and reshape skin, cartilage & bones of nose as required. It can also improve functions of nose caused due to abnormalities of nose structure. In some cases of nose reshaping extra material or tissue is needed, such as for correction of depressed nose or tip, etc. which is generally used from our own body parts: from septum, ear or rib cartilage graft or calvarial bone grafts.
Rhinoplasty can be combined with other surgical procedures such as septoplasty to improve breathing or chin augmentation & sometimes with Botox & fillers, to enhance the aesthetic results.
As in other cosmetic surgery, preoperative photographs are very helpful to understand minor defects, irregularities & asymmetries of nose structure. These are also helpful for preoperative planning & explaining the possible post-surgery outcome of Rhinoplasty. It is very important that patient should have realistic expectations of the outcomes & also understand what can and what cannot be achieved by the Rhinoplasty surgery. It is very important to understand that Rhinoplasty can’t do is make you look like someone else, as we all have different facial structures which cannot be exactly duplicated by any surgery.
- A depressed or saddle nose can be improved by increasing height of nasal dorsum using cartilage grafts or rarely artificial implants.
- A broad and bulky nose can be corrected by reduction and thinning of nasal framework and nasal bones narrowing. Also unwanted dorsal nasal hump can be removed.
- Improvement in nasal tip is done by tip-plasty. Bulky Tip can be reduced and sharpened. Some persons have groove (bifid tip) at the midline of tip due to excessive gap between two alar cartilages. Such persons need open tip approach for correction & reshaping of nasal tip (open tip Rhinoplasty or open structure Rhinoplasty method).
- Flared & very thick nasal alae can be reduced by alar base reduction surgery.
- Crooked Nose deformity is corrected by Septo-Rhinoplasty. In this surgery combined Rhinoplasty & Septoplasty is done. Also in case of deviated nose and difficulty in breathing Septo-Rhinoplasty is indicated. In some of these Septo-Rhinoplasty surgery help from ENT surgeon may be needed to deal with septum.
- There is no visible scar after surgery as it is done from within the nostril in cases of closed Rhinoplasty. Sometimes scars are placed in natural crease (alar base reduction) or at the columella (open tip Rhinoplasty) so that it will not be easily visible.
- Before Rhinoplasty surgery detailed discussion & analysis of nose structure, needs of patient & possible outcomes & limitations of surgery are discussed in details to avoid postoperative dissatisfaction. Certain medications & smoking has to be stopped before surgery.
- One day of hospitalization is required. Swelling around midface remains for few days. Patients need to keep nasal plaster for a week. Nasal exercises are advised after plaster removal.
- After surgery avoid strenuous activities & exercises for three weeks. Avoid blowing of nose & extreme facial expressions. Avoid trauma to the nose.
- The best & actual results of Rhinoplasty can be better appreciated & analyzed after six months. A very few persons if required, may need a minor correction or revision of nose shape after six to twelve months (revision Rhinoplasty).
Virtual Tour of Bembde Hospital
Liposuction ,Lipoplasty and Lipostructuring is done for.....More
The Body Contouring is a Cosmetic Plastic Surgery procedure which restores a beautiful shape to the body......More
Gynecomastia or male breast enlargement is a very common condition in men.....More
Nose re-shaping. It is one of the very popular and common.....More
Breast Implant is commonly used for making the breast bigger in size.....More
It is primarily used to treat male pattern baldness.....More
Cheek implants can be made of a variety of materials like silicone......More
Teenage acne is a major cause for many adults being left with.....More
Vitiligo is a condition that causes depigmentation of sections of skin.....More
During pregnancy & breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a dramatic change.....More
Moles are dark spots or irregularities found in the skin. They come in.....More
Upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty (“eye lift”)-hanging eyelits.....More
External ear reconstructive plastic surgery is done mainly for cosmetic reasons.....More
These injections can provide a more youthful looking appearance with.....More
Female external genitalia change with aging and motherhood. Young vagina is tight.....More
we have installed the very first USA FDA approved machine in this region,.....More
Make Appointment Now!